Beginner looking for guidance into tube sound.

Hello all, I am looking for some input on the best way to add tubes to my current mess. I currently have what I am sure everyone here would consider barely a step up from my parents zenith HI-FI circa 1977. please keep in mind I am lucky if I can afford to look in the window of an actual audio store. 
I currently have a Peachtree nova 300 and a Marantz CD player and a pair of monitor audio silver 500 speakers. A friend gave me a blue sound node 2i also. I have always wanted a tube powered amp. I see these Chinese amps like the Muzishare X7 and Willsenton R8 that have lots of great reviews. Or maybe a tube DAC. Then I see the Black Ice for ss-x. Each having less tubes respectively. Not sure how much that matters but I would think the more tubes the more tube sound one could expect. I would like to be in the $1000. range but would go to $1500 if I had to. My goal is to find the best most cost effective way to enter the tube world.  
johnfritter
@johnfritter,  

Willsenton, Muzishare, and Doge Audio all make wonderful tube amps.  The Doge stuff is really well made;  the caps and topology are super regardless of where the amp is made.  

I think it's important to recognize that there is a bunch of clone or otherwise inexpensive mid-fi gear coming out of China, but there is great stuff in its own right too. 

The problem is it is not as easy to get these amps with trade wars, increased product demand, and labor shortages. 
Fyi, you can definitely get a killer tube amp (used) for $1000-1500. Don’t let anybody tell you can’t. You just need to do some research and be resourceful.  You also need to be patient!  These amps will all show up from time to time somewhere on the web.
My suggestions to look at are ARC VS-55, Audio Electronics Super Amp MkII and Primaluna.
Best value and sound tube integrated in my opinion is the Audio Nirvana EL34 SE
made in China but engineered and serviced in the St. Louis area.
It outputs 10 watts of wonderful power for $1099.00.
Check out the Common Sense Audio website.
Tube amps aren’t expensive to maintain. Whom ever said that never owned one.