Beautiful Colored Tube Preamp ($10k budget) to Pair w/ Very Accurate Monitors (PSI A25M)

I'm helping a friend set up a dream home setup based around (4) PSI A25M powered speakers w (2) PSI A225M subwoofers. Prism Lyra2 D/A converters. I know the PSI sound and it's very pleasing for home listening and of course super detailed  but I do want to provide some beautiful high end color /magic via a tube preamp which really adds a warmth to the sound. So curious what folks feel in the $10k range for a lot of that tube color and help warm up the very accurate PSI monitors some. Main source will be Tidal / streaming audio as well as a CDJ3000 DJ setup playing digital files. Having phono pre not essential - having a few inputs nice to easily switch between streaming and dj setup  =]  Maybe a manufacturer based in North America / US since based here and easier to deal w just in case any issues arise?  But also not essential

dejayos

For the beautiful color done exactly how beautiful color should be done, how bout a used Vinnie Rossi DHT preamp. Huge spacious stage, detailed yet flows with ease, then control the level of warmth wanted with tube choice.

Also, IMO the LTA preamp is much closer to neutral than warm at all. Tubes can of course change that a little but by design it is quite neutral. 

yea i suppose i do consider PSI actives quite "forward" and energized as well ! part of the reason i've recommended them, they will be bumping a lot of house music =] but they also so good for any style 

alright quite a few recommendations here ! this review of the cary has me quite intrigued ! 

dejayos

I'd prefer a 6SN7 preamp tube personally. In addition to the CJ recommendation though, I'd look at: Aric Audio, Supratek, and the Don Sachas/Lynn Olson Raven preamp. I'd even reach out to Aric Kimball (Aric Audio), Don Sachs (Raven preamp, sold by Spatial Audio), and Mick Maloney (Supratek) to have a conversation. Aric Audio and Supratek make a bunch of preamps, they could lead you in the right direction on their products.

For transparency, I own an Aric Audio Motherlode XL preamp.....and Aric certainly can customize his preamps, and he has adjustable gain controls.

Just about any tube preamp can sound warm, 3d, and inviting if you put the right tubes in it. 

NOS tubes to consider

Amperex-Holland,

RCA Black plates,

Mullard,

Brimar

the above will have the sound your looking for.