Beatles vs. Stones

Which do you prefer?

I'd have to go with the Rolling Stones although I do love Revolver.

And you?

128x128jjbeason14

@unreceivedogma 

The first Beatles US single, She Loves You, was released in August or September 1963, followed by I Want to Hold Your Hand. The first album release indeed was January 1964. And the first public appearance was on the Ed Sullivan Show, 2/9/1964.

@unreceivedogma 

I agree Aftermath may be an artistic breakthrough because they wrote all the songs. But I see it as just a transition to much better songs ahead. The earlier albums had many great performances that were cover songs, with some originals too.

I'm a Kinks fan from the British Invasion bands but between the 2, I would go Beatles all day and all of the night. 

@dz13 

You dedicated follower of fashion, you.

Nowadays it's a little too easy to forget that the UK had so many great bands back then.

The Beatles, the Stones, the Animals, the Who, the Hollies, the Kinks, the Yardbirds, Herman's Hermits, the Incredible String Band, the Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Cream etc.

At the very least they must have all been giving each other plenty to think about.

The British Invasion was probably the only good thing that came out of the JFK assassination.