Beatles Get Back documentary

Has anyone watched the Beatles Get Back documentary yet?  Unfortunately I don’t have a Disney subscription, but I may sign up to watch it.  Impressions?

128x128bwguy

Early on I thought that Paul's confession that he felt uncomfortable imposing (trying) his will on the other 3 to work on the music together was a real "wow!" moment for me. He seemed to really be trying to hold the whole thing together. George wasn't impressed and John and Ringo seemed aloof to the whole thing.

Early on I thought that Paul's confession that he felt uncomfortable imposing (trying) his will on the other 3 to work on the music together was a real "wow!" moment for me. He seemed to really be trying to hold the whole thing together. George wasn't impressed and John and Ringo seemed aloof to the whole thing.

Truth be known he'd been imposing his way since the Magical Mystery Tour days and by then the others had enough.

John playing The Third Man theme was nice.

I really don’t see how this is going to change my opinion of the Let It Be recording sessions. The  promotion for the Get Back documentary has been to prove that they were all getting along, and happy. So far, it seems like they are just trying to get through the sessions. Yes, they still care about each other, and I don’t think anyone truly feels that it is over, but the bloom is off the rose.  I am going to stick with The Beatles original opinions of the sessions  

Still fascinating to watch, and I am loving it as a Beatles fan. 

@tomcy6 

There's a lot of wasted time and groping around for a direction and new songs.

While it's clear there was a lack of motivation, I found the collaborative process of their songwriting depicted in the first two segments absolutely fascinating, and it showed that, even though the band was on its last legs for numerous reasons, the professionalism of their craft itself was not. The group dynamic was not destined to survive the transition from the natural leadership of Lennon, based on raw talent, to the attempted leadership by McCartney, through sheer hard work and perfection of craft.