BDP-105: IN/OUT Options. What/where decoding, huh?

(separate from a bypass the AVR with ’front stereo system’ audio quality revision which I now have no questions about)

Move my Oppo 105 to Home Theater for it’s Better Processing (sound and video).

Now:

Sony 4K Smart TV; Sony Blu-Ray; Sony AVR (no pre-out).
Fios Coax > Cable Box hdmi > AVR hdmi (arc) > Smart TV.
Blu-Ray hdmi > AVR.
PC hdmi > AVR.
VHS component > AVR

NET: ethernet cable to each piece (except VCR)
(arc): Audio Return Channel: AVR’s HDMI 3 (arc) to Smart TV, (allows Smart TV audio back to AVR).

CHANGE: Oppo 105 replaces Sony Blu-Ray

optional ways to let it try to do better.
what/where/how to get best video/audio decoding?

1. NET from Fios Router > Oppo, easy.

a. updates
b. I guess Oppo has some of it’s own ’Smart TV’ features to stream from that feed to my Smart TV. In that case Oppo controls that content
c. can Oppo ’pass’?: NET > Oppo hdmi > Smart TV. (cable box not involved). Thus use Smart TV to select streaming content, but how then get Oppo’s superior processing?

2. Cable Box move it’s hdmi > Oppo. (easy, goes to AVR Now).

a. Oppo hdmi 1 > Smart TV for better video
b. Oppo hdmi 2 > AVR for audio (better?)
c. AVR hdmi (arc) > Smart TV (no change)

what/where/how to get best video/audio decoding?

as always, thanks in advance for help with this,

Elliott

elliottbnewcombjr

Showing 1 response by mattmiller

Elliott, The Oppo 105 SHINES as a DAC for a high quality music server....Like Auralic or Aurender (or any streamer like a Bluesound Node 2i) with its USB 2.0 audio input connection. Then you can connect to your stereo via its super high quality XLR stereo outputs. Of course it excels at spinning CD,DVD,s Blue Rays ect...When you use the onboard streaming for video through Netflix your getting the best video and sound possible. Although i think options for video streaming services might be a little dated. (OPPO hasnt made these players for a few years now)