Bananas rule, spades drool. End of discussion.

I just checked my speaker connections. All using bananas, all nice and tight.

The number of times I’ve had spades get loose instead though.....

Point is, and it really is kind of a tongue in cheek thing, bananas beat spades for long term reliability in almost all setups.  If you have to use a Cardas or Mundorf speaker terminal to ensure your spades stay tight it kind of proves my point.

erik_squires

Hmm….  Not if it’s the type of banana plug that spins.
Then one always has a loose compression connection. 

if you tighten your spades enough so they don’t loosen it is a much tighter connection then a banana plug. If the spades loosen this is a poor user issue.  

@horstmann I didn't mention low mass since most here don't consider that.  Since you do I'll share that I make my  own low mass binding posts by pressing an OFC copper tube through the center of a bored out 3/8" threaded nylon rod. Perfect match for the low mass BFAs.  PM if interested in the details.

I also agree the simple BFAs seem indestructable.

Jerry

@carlsbad2

I actually just ordered a few gold plated copper wire ends - if that’s the proper English term - to experiment with that.

Great minds think alike, and all that. 😉

Thank you for the advice!

Anything I diy gets 5 way posts for being 'enough for any reasonable situation posed'...Bananas if that given line is meant to stay that way semi-permanently...

If it's 'temp', I goes naked; Longer than 'temp', but meant to stay put, I'll tin the nudity....put a spade on it if it's on/off alot....

Banana fan for awhile now, beats screwing around, literally...

...and certainly more to access excess upon....*L*

Do whatcha' do....

I was using the nakamichi bananas for years until I tried the Viborg connectors. I experimented with the pure copper/silver plated & the pure copper ones. To my liking, the pure copper was a winner with my system.