AXPONA 2024

I just attended Axpona with Infigo Audio.  I just wondered what was everyone’s overall thoughts. What systems , rooms, brand and experiences did you have?  What are your likes, dislikes etc.  

calvinj

Showing 16 responses by calvinj

@jayctoy exactly. Then they play hotel California and Diana krall.  Over and over.  Gees. No real music 

Everyone. Rooms can be difficult but you gotta have good setup people and even though you might no be able to,overcome the room. You still have to work it. You have to have good set up folks with knowledge. You also have to brings things with you to try just in case. 

@jayctoy we played everything in the Infigo Room. We played Bootsy, Gap Band, Human League, War, Pancho Sanchez, Hiromi, Fink, Ahmad Jamal, Lightnin Hopkins, Prince, Daft Punk.   We jammed hard. We played some demo tracks too. But people want real music.  

@jayctoy we will be at the California Audio Show. June 7,8,9. We will be at the Lone star Audiofest 7,8,9. In Dallas.   We will be at the Pacific Audiofest in Seattle in September. We will be at Capitol Audiofest in Washington in November.

I think a great sounding treated room should be preferred but not necessarily required.  There are some things in a system that it should just do regardless of the room. 

@jayctoy we travel to shows all the time.  We get great sound but we come with tools to adjust and the equipment performs and delivers which is the most important. 

@yyzsantabarbara man it’s been truly a blessing to work with Hans Looman.  He is one of the most brilliant guys I’ve worked with.  He is relentless when it comes to building the best performing amplifiers in the game. Stereophile guy came to our room and listened to 9 songs.  He only anticipated staying 15 minutes or less. 45 minutes later he was still jamming.  We are really pushing the limits at Infigo.  Some amplifier companies build a look and image.  We go by musicality and performance.  

Stereophile just gave us a great review for Infigo.  He was really impressed.  Some people don’t always come to our room.  The guy said he wished he would have came sooner. Which is a compliment within itself.   Anyways AXPONA really should consider being a 4 day show.  It’s that much to check out with how large it is and the number of rooms there are.