Aurender n200, talk me out of signing on the dotted line

I’ve requested an invoice.  My current system has an Audio Mirror 4 with Tele E88cc, Pass int-25, Acoustic Zen Crescendo 2 speakers and a REL 12” sub.   The sound is to my taste in that it is organic, swings with the music and is not lean.  It’s a bit grainy and I attribute that to the Lumin u2 mini, internet radio and Spotify sources in who-knows-what amounts.  Enjoyable none-the-less as is, I am all in for the Aurender.  Talk me out of it.  Please!  

wlutke

@wlutke

After cabling…I would dive into grounding and fuse. I finally got my Aurender fully broken-in and going to replace the fuse tomorrow. My reference for all things digital is HiFi Tuning Supreme Cu.

https://www.vhaudio.com/hifi-tuning-supreme-cu.html

wlutke and Curiousjim,

I noticed that both of you reference having bought your Aurenders directly from Korea and had them drop shipped to you. Can you explain why that is advantageous over buying locally, is it price mostly? If it is, where did you buy them from. Thank you in advance.

I ordered from an authorized dealer who then had it drop shipped from Aurender.

Late to the thread so didn't read it all. You said Spotify and internet radio which are both lossy, compressed sources. It is a fool's errand to think that any streamer is going to turn them into something they are not

Save your $6000 and subscribe to a streaming service like Qobuz that provides high resolution music. At least start with that.

I'll let the n200 gather some hours.  Spdif is my connection of choice.  It does fun things with the music.  Usb is better at technical things.  Cables on the analog side are tried and true.  AZ Satori shotgun speaker and (please don't laugh) AQ Ruby from the DAC.  The Ruby tames hot digital like no other.  I'll find a quality alternate some day.