Aurender n200, talk me out of signing on the dotted line

I’ve requested an invoice.  My current system has an Audio Mirror 4 with Tele E88cc, Pass int-25, Acoustic Zen Crescendo 2 speakers and a REL 12” sub.   The sound is to my taste in that it is organic, swings with the music and is not lean.  It’s a bit grainy and I attribute that to the Lumin u2 mini, internet radio and Spotify sources in who-knows-what amounts.  Enjoyable none-the-less as is, I am all in for the Aurender.  Talk me out of it.  Please!  

wlutke

Showing 6 responses by signaforce

I too have had zero issues with Conductor 3 or 4 using either of my iPads (I have a very old iPad mini 2 running Conductor 3, and a current Air running 4) or iPhone.

I went from a Node to the N150. I think the Conductor app is superior in virtually every way. Rock solid, easy to use & multifunctional. 

Go for it!

Not sure about the amp recommendation, but certainly agree with the Qobuz recommendation. 

@blisshifi 
One other suggestion, having had a lot of experience with many of the components in your system, is to try different tubes in your Audio Mirror DAC. NOS Telefunken, despite their high reputation, deliver a hotter, more overdriven sound (not really overdriven, but very textured and gritty at times), that many people crave. The Audio Mirror itself is a very neutral DAC (Vlad is a close friend of mine and lives fairly close by), so perhaps try some 6922 variants that have a sweeter tone.

Very interesting comment. I have NOS Telefunken medical tubes installed in my Rogue preamp. I am experiencing the sound from them that you referenced. I had thought my problem had to be in another area of my system as everyone seems to love the Tele’s & most claim they are the ‘flattest’ of tubes. Rolling to NOS Siemens nickel plate today. We shall see. Thanks for your comment. 

@blisshifi 

Question, I also own NOS Brimar’s. What tubes, including and in addition to mine do you recommend?

@traubr 

Thanks. I own NOS Telefunken Medical, Siemens nickel plate & Brimar CV4003. I swapped out the Tele’s for the Siemens. They are bright, but eminently clean & clear unlike the Tele’s. Will try the Brimar’s next. Would like to hear your thoughts on the Mullards. @blisshifi Seems to know tubes! Thanks