Aurender N150 vs N200

Wondering which one I should do as my first streamer. I.e. how much better is the N200? I was thinking N200 at first, to just do this once, but now thinking (more responsibly), N150 would be good enough for my first.

The rest of the system:

• DAC -- Denafrips Pontus II
  • Pre -- ARC Ref 5se
  • Amp -- Art Audio Px-25
  • Speakers -- Blumenhofer Genuin FS2
saulh

Showing 2 responses by oddiofyl

There is a comparison chart on their site.  My thinking was the same ,   The N200 has a lot more in terms of power supply, isolation, etc    I’m sure the 150 is awesome but I think it only has USB and doesn’t have the un-interruptible PS.  

What does piss me off is the 150 has power meters and for some reason they were not included on the 200.  It was a feature in all of the press releases and on their site at one point.     When i questioned this I got some BS reason about meter tracking accuracy …. C’mon that is a lame excuse. Who cares ? They look cool. Every product in the line up has them but the N200.  That is BS . 

That aside the build quality is really high end.  Nothing feels cheap about them.   They are sweet.   Support is top notch.   I had a few things that bugged me about Conductor 3 but all of those issues are fixed with Android users.   

Overall I am glad I got the N200.  I guess if your other gear is in the same price tier it makes sense to get the 200.    I have a great sounding DAC and if I do upgrade it down the road the N200 will not be outclassed by its replacement.  

I agree N200 then a great DAC, not a lateral move but significantly better and you will be all set for a while