Audioquest or Nordost for speaker cable

I have all Nordost IC but have been impressed by Audioquest power cable and am thinking of changing my speaker cables to Audioquest Thunderbird zero. I currently have Nordost Heimdall. Do you think that’s a good idea, Thanks.

couger4u

@soix - great question. Before I was using Cardas Clear Cynus. Those are great cables and I still have them. The Cerious cables have so much better clarity, detail, and expanded soundstage. Not to mention the noise floor was greatly reduced. I can’t say enough about their cables. I also have a Lumniscate PC and love it too. I’m going to replace my Cardas Clear Cygnus XLRs with the Lumniscate or the Matrix after I replace my speakers in the next month or so. Reach out to Bob who is the engineer. He is the nicest guy you’ll ever meet. 

Also, there are tons of discussions here on Cerious cables. 

Just last month I home auditioned Nordost Heimdall 2 and Audioquest Robin Hood Zero side by side. In my setup I preferred the Audioquest hands down. I was really surprised. In fact, before the audition I was planning to buy the Nordost - I had expected and wanted to prefer them but it was no contest.  So yeah - best to listen in your own system and judge for yourself

As had been said there are just too many variables at play here starting with you the listener. I would borrow some cables and try them out in your system and see what you like. I have used the Cable Company for years and have gotten good advice as well as the ability to listen to many different brands. When I first started borrowing cables , I was surprised how many well regarded cables just didn’t move the needle for me. I have a borrow coming in from the Cable Company Monday and over the years I have returned more cables than I purchased but I got a lot of good information.

IMO, find cables you’re interested in, test against your factory cables. No difference toss the crap. If you find cables that out perform supplied stock those are winners, take the best. Give it a day or two try the test again. Pay no attention to the burn in crap, besides if there’s any legitimacy to it time will only make it better right ?? lol.  
You be the judge, other opinions will likely lead to indecision and frustration. 

Cheers 

It’s whatever works best with your system, take them both home, spend time and try both of them and pick out the one you like best.