Audiophile beginner with a question...

Hello!

I have begun my venture into audio with my purchase last week of B&W DM601 S2s. Right now, I am using a Marantz 2215b, and a Fisher CD player. (Which by the way, I will be getting rid of since it is old, and I am doing things little by little on a college budget.)To get to the point of things, here is my question:
What would you guys recommend for me in terms of a good starter CD player, and amp and pre-amp. This receiver is not cutting it, and the static is bad! By the way, the music I listen to is pretty much classic rock, and jazz.
Thank you very much!!!
hi_watt
Every beginning requires a bunch of experiments. Lower-end equipment might suck your budget more than old higher-end.
In our 21st digital Century surfing a used market on old CD-players in $750 range like Meridian 588, CAL Ikon, Micromega will always give you a possibility to sell these items with minimal loss in case of upgrade. Just make sure they're in mint condition when completing your transactions.
If Sugar was a race horse, i'd be putting my money on him. Excellent suggestions all the way through. Sean
>
There are a ton of good amps and preamps out there, but in my opinion AudioSource is one of the best brands you can buy when first starting -- really solid performance from affordable components.

Sony's less expensive CD players are also good buys. Should be better than the Fisher player you're using now ...

Good luck!
NAD C-370 baby!!!, I got one around 2 weeks ago and i love it alot. And try a NAD c521 cdp a greeat combo i plan to get that cdp in the near future. its driving a pair of JBL ND310's very nicely and the bass is great on my dual tens in each tower. Great amp, Great company hIGHLY RECCOMEND!

Happy Listening
Oooops! Sorry 'bout that. If I didn't, I meant to include the address for AudioSource's web site:

http://www.audiosource.net/

To shop around a little more, bookmark this site for a listing of audio manufacturers:

http://www.wssh.net/~wattsup/arsl.html#A