Audiolab CDT 6000 Owners: Share the Love + Need help with time settings for Pause

I picked one up slightly used ~ 100 hours but now have ~ 50 more, including many  hours with burn in discs. I am truly amazed at the value this transport represents. I have tried several times to set the pause clock, as per the manual; holding for 3 seconds then pushing the same button (#1) but the 20M doesn't hold. Help! 

Here's a fantastic review that is a must read.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=audiolab+6000cdt+dedicated+cd+transport+review

tweak1

The remote is not intuitive and the way the manual lists the remote features is pathetic

Quibbles aside, it is a huge improvement for me over using cd players as transports.

My 6000 is connected to an Audio Alchemy DDP-1 + PS 5 via a 1.5m Pangea Premier SE > LSA Voyager GaN 350 > Emerald Physics 3.4s. All electronics is connected to a Core Power 1800 balanced PLC into a 20 dedicated line

In this system, I have no need for a tube pre, and since my system is 100% true balanced, a balanced tube pre would cost a lot of money

Also, once you set it to “never” or “1hour”, that setting is lost once you turn the unit Off/Standby.  The next time you turn it ON it is back to the default setting (15 minutes, I believe).

Also, once you set it to “never” or “1-hour”, that setting is lost once you turn the unit Off/Standby.  The next time you turn it ON it is back to the default setting (15 minutes, I believe).

It’s tricky for sure

After pressing the button for ~ 3 seconds, it will start scrolling through the options, as soon as your see NEVER, release the button

IF THAT DOESN"T WORK

after pressing the button for ~ 3 seconds, immediately/quickly press each option until you see NEVER then quickly release, then it should not default to Standby

hth

Mine hasn’t defaulted to 15 minutes after I put it in standby.  I’m not sure I could duplicate this though so I’ll just leave it be.  I always hated the auto Standby feature anyway.