Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores

Showing 20 responses by jerryg123

@riccitone the Goldnote PA-10 is simply A-D not GaN I had them at one point. 
not sure what Core they are using. I might be wrong.

The PA-10 is a 200x80x260mm (WHD) Class A/D hybrid power amplifier. In stereo mode, it’s specified at 75wpc into 8Ω (150wpc into 4Ω, 300wpc into 2Ω). Enough for average-to-high sensitivity loudspeakers.

Ralph has been making amazing amplifiers for a very long time. My next amplifier will be his class D monos. An acquaintance in Kansas has them and they sound great, will be visiting this client next week and look forward to another listening session at he home.

@pstores what preamp are you using?

Purfi Amps and integrated shave never lasted more than 60 days in my system. 

I do like Nucor Class D had the Bel Canto ref 500 in my system and now one of my son at Grad School has them. He still enjoys the heck out of them.

Not listening to a word this mbmi guy is saying. @soix you nailed it it this class guy has never heard the Atmas-Sphere gear and I will bet he never heard the Voyger either. I suspect his tube gear was weak also.

I will be giving Bruno's Ncore stuff a shot next week. Have a Pharaoh II waiting for me when i get home on Sunday. 

See how it fares against my other gear. Has a tube pre and hope it has some soul as such.

@kuribo Like I said...btw you get to run your mouth and speculate, postulate, and well .....yes it rhymes. 

I am starting to think class D is the bee’s knee’s man. Really enjoying the Rouge Pharaoh II and it is not even near broken in. Tube pre- Class D power section with the Hypex Ncore. Time will tell but I may be selling a couple of integrated amps I have in the tool shed. 

@riccitone Yes they are nice and it is really confusing with the reviewers and the OE spec sheets. Just look at this review.

Gold Note is making some very nice audio equipment. 

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/goldnote13/2/

@pstores please keep posting as these amplifiers come into their own. Ignore the naysayers and measurement nuts. 

I have been enjoying the Rogue Audio Pharaoh II for 2 weeks now, Tube pre section and Hypex N-Core power section. Agree with @mapman some great sounding stuff out there. 

@ricevs that ship has sailed. NAD, Apollo, Nord, not for me. AGD has 4 amplifiers. 

I decided to stay the course with an integrated amplifier of a hybrid design. Also keeping my Class A tube integrated.

Nope it is Class A-G

Many complain it is to sterile sounding. 

SONIC PURITY THAT SURPASSES CLASS A!

The AHB2 is a linear amplifier that surpasses the sonic purity of all class-A amplifiers. No amplifier delivers lower noise or lower distortion. The small, passively cooled chassis, cleanly delivers 480 Watts bridged mono into 6 Ohms, with additional reserves for driving difficult speaker loads. Unlike power-hungry class-A amplifiers, the AHB2 achieves a power efficiency that rivals that of a Class D (switching) power amplifier.

The feed-forward design even makes the more efficient Class H or G operation possible — with no rise in distortion at class H or G switch point (Class H, or G, rail switching at a 1/3 power threshold);

Well D.B. the point is it is still subjective no matter what your precious measurements say. 

Pull the ripcord D.B.