Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers "A Night in Tunisia" XRCD 24

I submit we've not truly engaged this recording until one enjoys the XRCD 24 version which leaves one simply apoplectic when reproduced on a proper system.  I missed all of the hooping and groaning on my Redbook version not to mention the real dynamics of all instruments now captured.

I own dozens of premium label remasters, but have never experienced such a gap between the Redbook and the remaster as this one reveals.  Enjoy.

celtic66

Let's enjoy it with Ella

celtic66- I'm a "purist snob" when it comes to Jazz and Classical from the 50-60's.

Most of the good stuff was originally in mono. It's yet another polarizing subject(mono vs stereo)subject.

Look for this particular track on this

I have two original LP versions of A night in Tunisia...have not heard a cd of it, nor would I really want to, but that's just me. 

Without going all Hercule Poirot, I believe the mystery is solved by my simple lack of knowledge.  I was unaware of the original 1957 version of this album (mono).  The 1960 version (stereo) has different cats.  Art repeated himself with a same titled album but with mostly a different band.

I do not have the 1957 version.  Whew, glad that is over with.

"Blakey is decidedly in the right channel, joined by Wayne Shorter.  Left channel is where Lee Morgan lives and center fill is occupied by the acoustic bass and piano."

celtic66-

recording is reasonably true with stage setup. This is an killer performance. Lee Morgan is all of 20-21 here. Blakey as usual, killing it.