Are you Guys Rich or What!?

I have an old system, nothing special, Adcom, Vandersteens etc and I recently set foot for the first time in a "high end" shop, hoping to get to the next level of audio nirvana. When I saw some of the prices for monoblock amplifiers, cables, the latest speakers etc, I practically fell off my chair when I realized that I could blow $50-100K pretty easily on this stuff. I am not rich. Do you big budget system guys all work on Wall Street or something or do you eat macaroni and cheese most nights to put a few bucks away for CDs and your next upgrade?
thomashalliburton5534
Sorry about that last post of mine, but I couldn't resist. My kids are finished with college my Beautiful high school sweetheart( I class of 71 and my bride class of 72) have just finished building our final home, complete with sound room / living room. Whats wrong with living a good life. Our investments are strong, and my retirement is set. I love this hobby and I love music. It started 30 years ago with me. Back then they thought I was nuts but today they think I'm eccentric, go figure. Peace and Good Listening.
I find that living with a parent who is obsessed with audio equipment is the way to go, you get to listen to there reference level system for free.

Judd
I started buying stereo equipment when I was 16 and have been hooked ever since. I have had my share of complete junk in my system but my desire to improve the sound always kept me looking for good deals. I started with a Yamaha AV-34 integrated amp (which I still own) and now at 26 I have just purchased a Plinius SA250MKIII. Is this the end......probably not but I do LOVE the Plinius! Places like Audiogon are key to building a High-Fi system with only a minor investment. I can tell you my systems level of quality jumped up a couple of notches when I discovered this site.
Trickle down is the key. Remember when B&W came out with the Nautilus speaker? Then they trickled that technology down to their 800 series, and I see it is even now into the 600 series (I think). I let the big boys blow all their money on top of the line so the company will pass the technology down and I can afford the lower end stuff. It's all relative though. 2k for the N805? I wouldn't think too hard about it, but I know many that would. It's a hobby, do what makes you happy. If it makes you happy to have the latest technology as soon as it appears, more power to you. Me, I'm looking to pick up a Conrad Johnson preamp made in 1984.