Are there headphones that image in front of you rather than in your head?

I have and excellent room and system but I need a small and "just me" system. I have owned several headphones but found I cannot stand them and having performers in my head. 

Has anyone found headphones that keep performers in front of you?
tbg
I have cross feed with my system..... they still sound different than speakers. Actually, I love my headphones...they have more of a see-through - cleaner, clearer image than my expensive speakers. I find myself however listening much more often to my speakers.

On another point.....balanced headphones are clearly better.....but they must be used with a completely balanced system to get the full advantage.
I am not a headphone lover, but I found that the Grado GS1000s present a very open, airy presentation that resembles listening to real speakers in an acoustic environment.  The downside it that, like a normal system, you need a very quiet area to listen, as every outside sound is very audible.  
In pure audiophile terms, I've heard better phones, but none that gave the sense of space and air of the Grados.  I wish I could love headphones - it would make life easier. 
My sister is also a music lover. I gifted her audiophile headphones. She loves them a lot. She told me that these headphones isolate the outside noise completely. I looked in few shops, but these were a bit expensive. Then I searched for this product online and got affordable full size headphones at exclusive offer from www.soundmagic.us. You can also try these out.
I have, in the last 6 months, returned to purchasing and setting up a headphone based system to listen to when circumstances dictate it over my main system and have really been thrilled with the results leading to headphone listening about 25% of the time. My main rig consist of a pair of Wilson Audio Sophias fed by an all tube system and it is grand, my headphone system consist of a pair of Audeze LCD 2 with fazor driven by a Yamamoto Sound Craft HA2 headphone amp with upgraded cables and I love this set up, it really works well for me. The point I would like to make is that the two systems satisfy me in different ways and I am fine with that and enjoy both systems for their own merits and attributes. I have not listened to a very significant portion of my music collection yet thru the headphone system but played a Mapelshades CD the other night titled Mapelshade's Music Festival (08132), upon the music starting I instantly pulled the phones off thinking I had somehow left the big rig on with the volume turned up, I panicked because everyone else was in bed including my 4 year old grand son and could not believe what I heard, the drum beats were way out to the sides so that it made me look into my foyer for the drums the soundstage was really set up in front back and sides like an exceptionally well recorded vinyl recording. The headphone rig with all my recordings is really a nice experience but WOW with this one recording you really do get a feel of how sweet it can be, looking for comments on my experience and why this recording can excellent at this where the average recordings don't.