Are all streamers the same?

Dogma says they’re all the same. Experience suggests otherwise. Price may or may not be guide. Are there solid tech reasons such as bleed of noise into the digital signal? What does “it’s all about the ‘implementation’”really mean? How come power cords and interconnects make a difference? For example, there are numerous USB cords that separate the power from the signal cables to minimize interference and noise transference.

Why don’t we have an accepted science of audio, as yet? Where’s the research compilation esp at textbook level? Yes I’m happy just listening and using my ears and my biases to make judgments; no problem.

Yet I continue to see dogma, from the USA and Europe, indeed everywhere, that remains steadfast in their disbelief in variances. It becomes tiresome at times. But hey what do I care? Lol, my pursuit of fidelity and knowledge remain equally strong.

128x128johnread57

https://forum.audiogon.com/posts/2717861

Some great examples of the impact of power supplies, cords, and associated electronics as having a direct impact on the audio signal.

That’s like saying all cars are the same 

some have SS hard drives processor type, memory differences 

and App or lack of ,plus smps,or linear power supplies 

plus many other internal parts , costs .

Mostly difference is in the controlling app. Many require Roon which means paid subscription. Aurender has its own app.

Now as for the unit, they do have different hardware. It is up to you to decide if power supply in your computer makes a difference on the performance in general and sound in particular. I can't see how SSD brand can make a difference, but YMMV.

@audioman58 - depends on what you measure. Seat material won't affect 0-60. But it may affect sound of the car music system. On the other hand, brand of the car battery probably won't matter...