ARC M300 MKII call for help

Help! I have a pair of Audio Research M300 MKII mono blocks from yesteryear, and have enjoyed them for many years. One of them has a short in the panel behind the tubes. The guys down at the factory just got back to me, saying that they can no longer repair this model, due to age and lack of parts. Can anyone out there steer me to someone who might be able to repair it?  I can send pictures of the shorted out area. Would hate to retire these beautiful behemoths. 

128x128bratscheboy

Maybe post some pictures of the problem area so we can see what the problem is. Someone might have a solution.

ARC has to be able to warrant the repair. That means no tinkering or "close enough" parts. However that does not mean that the amp cannot be repaired. I would ask ARC for a detailed explanation of what they found and what would be needed to fix based on their findings. That would be your starting point toward finding a potential non ARC repair.

I am very moved and appreciative of all of your very helpful and informed responses and suggestions. I have a few feelers out using some of the sources you have indicated, including sending pictures of the area affected.  My wife commented on the quality of people I have almost always come in contact with in the audiophile community. I have procured a pair of PS Audio BHK 300’s from an enthusiast in Phoenix, and am very impressed as an initial impression. I am sure technology has made strides since the M300’s’ introduction. But they are worth saving, I think, if at all possible. Like me, they may be dated, but not ready to be retired!

Check w/ https://www.georgemeyer-av.com/

They are an authorized ARC repair center and keep their own inventory of ARC parts. They may have the part you need.

Good liuck!