Anyone know how to set up Rythmik subwoofers on an ARCAM AVE550 receiver?

I am thinking about buying 2 Rythmik F12 Signature subwoofers.  I have an ARCAM AVR550 receiver and I need to find out how to set up these subwoofers without using DIRAC.  Rythmik has a 30 day return policy and I want to find out if I like them before I pay $600 to have someone calibrate my system using DIRAC.
128x128larry5729

Showing 1 response by avanti1960

I have been looking at the F12 G (the G has the paper cone material).  The lighter weight material supposedly makes the texture of the bass more lifelike and dynamic for music with a very fast response and decay.  
Regardless these seem to be special subwoofers compared to the rest of the pack.  
As for connecting to your receiver definitely connect to the speaker terminals of the amp (parallel with your main speakers).  Connecting to your amplifier will allow the best possible integration with the main speakers because they are each receiving the same signal and sound signature.  
If you make sure that the subwoofers are positioned reasonably - along the main wall, about 6" or so from the wall and not in the corners of the room I don't believe room correction is necessary.  I have measured the respinse of many subwoofers and positioning them reasonably flattens the response which avoids peaks that require correction.  
If this sounds like a good starting point we can walk you through how to adjust the crossover, phase, level, etc. for best possible integration.