Anyone have a HD connected to the rear USB of Teac NT-505

I have come to believe that the streaming problems are a result of  too many pieces of equipment and software having to shake hands (connect) to each other. If one fumbles it all stops working. Therefore, I’m trying to simplify the path & # of pieces needed to stream from my HD

Streamer - Teac NT 505 connected to 200mbps network w/ network extender. 3 gig HD connected to PC where server software (Serviio) is loaded. Using BubbleupNP on android phone

I’m willing to change software if that will help. But which one will work with the Teac? I’ve considered hooking a HD to the rear USB but not sure if it will work w/o server software implemented. And how would you do that w/o the PC to run it?  Can I install server software on the phone? That would take the computer completely out of the system.
Any suggestions? Anyone successful in streaming your personal library? How so? Thanks
128x128artemus_5
Where are the streaming Gurus at? Old man needs help! I might bust brain cells trying to figure out the problem. (-:
Im not familiar with Your server software but you  could do a ROON trial.  Fire up the Roon server on your PC.  It should see the Hard Drive and see the TEAC as an endpoint as the NT 505 is Roon Ready.
I dont know the details of you extender but the one I had was horribly unreliable.  I would consider getting a mesh network and hardwire the PC and the NT to Mesh Nodes.
Thanks @jbuhl

Hey, Thanks for coming to help.
Hadn't thought about the extender. I really don't want to pay monthly fee for Roon. But I understand why so many people use such services as as Roon and Qobuz, etc. I stream video to TV w/o incident with no problems. But this has been a real PITA. Unfortunately, the Teac must be hard wired to the network.