Anyone has a reference system where amplification is SS ?

I never heard of audiophiles whose reference system had transistor amplification. It is always tubes. But maybe there are exceptions.

inna

Can you do transistor rolling ?

@inna

some solid state allows for adjustment of negative feedback. the darts have zero negative feedback, and that matters a lot in it’s musical flow and lack of grain and lack of solid state dryness.

tube rolling has an upside, and also a degree of confusion as to what is correct, and the uneasy feeling never knowing when something is going to blow.....and not knowing if something is going 'off'. tubes are always changing to some degree.

“nd that's another advantage of tube electronics. Can you do transistor rolling ?”

No. but with tube simulation DSP you can do a lot more than just tube rolling

I had LiNN high end Solid state didn’t like too sterile went to valve wasn’t sure now Luxman class A and feels right although may dabble with an Allnic that is for sale SH near me …..

@OP If "reference sound" is sought then tube rolling is a disadvantage. How can you have a reference if the sound changes everytime the active devices are changed?

@yoyoyaya  different solid state devices sound different, but can still measure as transparent. There really is no transparent audio equipment.