Anyone has a reference system where amplification is SS ?

I never heard of audiophiles whose reference system had transistor amplification. It is always tubes. But maybe there are exceptions.

inna

Showing 9 responses by jacobsdad2000

Simply a wonderful question. What about Hybrid Reference Systems? Best of both worlds, 

I was being sarcastic about this being a wonderful question. 

I have all three, SS, Tube and Hybrid, I always win.

Now what is wrong with this post? Pretty innocuous, who was offended by this enough to have my earlier post deleted? Some woke stuff bouncing around it’s head. .

@audioman58 Could care less about sales figures, was stating the fact they make tube amplification. Knowing how Japanese and after doing business with the Japanese for 40 years, they sell more than you think. If it doesn’t sell they would get out of the business of making tube amplification.

@lordrootman  guessing you do not get to a lot of audio shows. Or read many of the e zines. Tube amplification will out live you or I bro.

I think people will be divided on this. Really don't care what you like or think, I have what I have because it works for me. May not for you, and really don't care not here to jamb any topology down your throat like some here. I have Tubes, SS, Hybrid's and each has their strength and weakness, some more than others. Enjoy what you have and be glad you can. 

Listening to my reference SS system today, all day yesterday it my tube system, hybrid tomorrow. 

Maybe 4 or 5 high end makers using Class D or GaN SS the rest is just cheap junk. Especially NAD and Cambridge.

@helomech To funny. In the studio they use Tube Microphones, Tube Amplification and when they do not they use Tube emulators and EQ in the mixing process. 

Tubes = distortion + noise.

They do not belong in a reference system. 

@inna that is illogical.according to some State of The Art is SS it is the benchmark. 😎😂🥱

Okay sure, I agree sort of. That is why I have 3 systems and prefer tubes and your post is your opinion. Also not a VW guy, prefer trucks, snowing here today enjoy.