Anyone experience any Op amp rolling?

More and more devices (DAC's /Amps) are being offered the ability to change out different Op amps. Easy as changing a tube. Op amp can alter the sounds noticeably. 

In an effort to keep the cost of an item lower the manufacturer frequently uses very inexpensive IC op amp chips. Many less than a dollar. It would seem a good upgrade could be had using a more expensive discreet op amp running in class 'A'.

Anyone have any experience with the newest Burson V7 Vivid or the Sparkos ss2590 pro? Both units run in class 'A' mode. Two top tier units, both run over $80 and I find the improvement in sound remarkable and greatly improved and well worth the $ spent.

gdaddy1

@bbarten   Be aware that the Burson V7 are supposed to be even better than the Sparkos 3602 and the same price. (if they fit size wise.)

I wonder what the difference is between V7 Burson and the Sparkos ss2590 top of the line. Please check those out. I'll know very shortly. 

Just seeing this thread now, thus the late reply.

I have no experience with the SS2590s. These are large opamps that I would use only with great care in a component with a closed case (assuming they fit). They're described as being powerful. Someone posted about his experience rolling the SS2590s into the Geshelli DAC. One of his comments stuck with me--said the volume/gain of the amps single-ended output rose noticeably vs the XLR outputs. That means more power, and more power probably means more heat...?

I do, however, have experience with Sparkos' SS3602 dual opamps, I rolled a pair into the preamp/output PCB of the Violectric V281, which has been my go-to preamp for my main office system for years; and a couple weeks ago, I rolled a pair into the headphone outputs of the Violectric V280.’

The sonic results with the V281 were immediate and positive, though admittedly fairly subtle, not earth-shaking. I’m still evaluating the sonic effects of these opamps in the V280.

I’ve rolled other opamps before, but these Sparkos' are the best I’ve heard. I’d love to try the SS2590s, but am hesitant only for the reasons given above.

If an individual reads a broad range of reports on Op Amp usage their is usually to be found the Strong Suggestion a Op Amp needs to have approx' 100 hours of usage to get to the place they are sounding even and coherent across the frequency range.

I stand by this 100 hour requirement as the suggestion for the Burson V6.

Swapping out Op Amp's with a short term usage as the demo' period is most likely to produce an incomplete assessment of the Op Amps capability when used in a particular circuit.