Anyone ever try to toe-out?

Before I screw around with spiked speakers on carpet...is this a nutty thing to try on one side to even out the soundstage? Due to unavoidable reflections, one speaker is overly prominent compared to the other.
I already have a thread going in which all kinds of folks offered other help/solutions/ideas around this situation. Thank you, all. Lots of things to try.
I'm just curious about this one question. Anyone ever experiment with toeing out to cut down an overly prominent side?
128x128m669326

Showing 5 responses by m669326

Thanks for all the help.Let me respond to a couple of people who seem to have questions.  I tried putting 1 foot in and 1 foot out and shaking it all about, but it turns out the hokey pokey is an ineffective strategy for equalizing soundstage.As to why I haven’t simply experimented, and instead I’ve started an unnecessary thread: I have spikes on the speaker, they are quite heavy, I’m older with a bad back, and I am uncommonly lazy. If someone can tell me something in a forum instead of me having to go try it, I’ll pursue that option. On the other hand, if this strategy annoys people, I’ll stop.
As I mentioned in my original email, I was just wondering if anyone had tried toeing out, not currently wondering about  all the other things I could do, which my other thread has made me aware of.
I figured that toeing out was a stupid idea and three or four people would tell me so and that would be that.So I hope I haven’t wasted anyone’s time with this. I just don’t have anyone to talk to that has an interest in audiophile stuff (my wife makes fun of me when I talk about speakers now), so forums are my outlet, and these days I guess I need more outlets than usual.
I LOVE the ATCs. They totally exceeded my expectations by obviously improving everything from my elderly KEFs. Thank you so much. I don’t think I would’ve happened upon them on my own.
Nothing I’ve written in any of these posts represents a complaint about the sound that’s emerging  from the speakers, regardless of my quest to make things perfect, given the room, my ears, and any neurotic concerns that are driving my posting.
I’ve got a musical fidelity A308 integrated and an audio engine D2 DAC with a wireless sender and receiver. I’m sending out Deezer streaming from my Mac to the DAC.
i’m really happy with the amp and the speakers. I think they are a good match. And I think the DAC is a really good value and sounds a lot better than one might think.
Thanks, B.
It’s always good to get validation about something based on a realm I’m not exactly an expert in. Or at least I wasn’t When I started the process of putting something together.