Anyone at home at Krell?

No one answers the phones, all the voice mailboxes are full, no one responds to emails. Anyone know what is going on?

hootyboo

George Meyer Audio in Los Angeles can repair KRELL gear. I sent mine there instead of shipping across the country for a minor repair. Mine was under warranty too but Meyer was recommended by KRELL to avoid the shipment.

@bulldogger I agree on your sentiment on the Duo XD lineup. It is really some excellent gear. A shame I had to sell the Duo 175XD to raise cash. I owned the K-300i integrated too and that was a very fine integrated amp (the first Duo XD).

FWIW I never liked the Dry sound of Krell and the fact they ran in class A (very very HOT) and burned up after 10 years of use , not my kind of equipment.

I tend to like that type of sound. However, the new Dou XD is ultra smooth (buttery smooth is how I think of it) and I was very surprised that I liked it so much. A very captivating listen I would listen for over 8 hours every day in my home office and did not want to turn the system off. It also did not run warm since it used an iBias technique to produce Class A sound.

@mattmiller The new Krell stuff is nothing like that. I had all McIntosh amps at one time. MC501(3) and MC252(2). McIntosh changed its sound. Krell did too. I think the XD Krell stuff is not as bright as the newest McIntosh stuff but with more dynamics. Imaging that. It’s not harsh at all. I have McIntosh XR200 speakers. My Krell Duo 300 XD has those speakers tight and dynamic. McIntosh could bump the big bass but not the microdynamics like Krell XD.

Post removed 

I Am Running a new KSA i400…. It’s one of the best amps I have heard, preferred it to D’ag momentum.  Next step for warmth would probably be tubes (VAC?)

All the disinformation on this forum is getting ridiculous. Give the company some time to get back on its feet.