Anybody used Nikko amps before?

Hi, I would like to know if anybody here ever used Nikko amps and pre amps? If so, how would you classified its quality and sound? Does is stand up to todays electronics? The reason for my question is because there aren't to much info out there. What I do know is Nikko is no longer made. Thanks for your concern and happy listening. :)
Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64
My only experience with Nikko was with a receiver my cousin owned. One channel died after about 4 yrs of use. She asked me too look at it and told me unless it was something simple throw it out. Opened it up and from what I recall one IC power amp module on the heat sink had burned up. Great design- spare a fuse and let the amp self destruct.

It's no doubt in a land fill somewhere.

If I were looking for vintage 70's gear I would limit myself to Marantz
Your experience is with one low end receiver. Nikko power amps are quite collectible, and when fully restored can hold their own very well against more modern amps.
I have a Nikko Alpha 2000 Amp. It is extremely rare. I think its sounds better than my Sansui Ba 5000 Amp. A Alpha 2000 just sold for over $2200 on e bay
I used to sell them as well as Sansui, Pioneer etc etc.
IMO only Jap amp that could best Nikko were the Sony V-fets which were
SOOO musical it was hard to believe. Esp. the integrated !
I worked at a Tech Hifi ~1978 where these were sold. Yes, they were one of the better sounding if not best Japanese lines back then. Don't know much about latter models.

Caveats:

- The good stuff is a good 30+ years old so I would question how good original units might work these days. Once refurbed or repaired, all bets are off....results could be good or bad in any case.

- these might do better than similar new gear at same price point or not. There is a chance, but hard to say. Results will vary.

- a bigger financial investment on newer gear researched properly to best fit your needs would likely deliver better results.