Any Vienna acoustics love out there? Anyone even still using them?

Don't hear much about them anymore.  I ask because I moved my Bach Grands from the living room (where they don't get much use) down into my basement main listening room today.  Wanted to hear them with my Hegel h360, which I have never done.  I was quickly reminded why I bought them in the first place.  Great imaging/center image and instrument separation, excellent soundstage, sweet midrange.  Warm, full sound you can listen to all day long.  Can a speaker be on the warm side and still detailed?  If so, I would say these fit the bill.  Not the best for dynamics or that 'live' feeling, but that's not what I bought them for.   

Anyway, interested in anyone's VA experience in general.
pkatsuleas

Showing 1 response by jon_5912

I've got pairs of Bach and Mozart Grands.  I got them for super cheap when Best Buy dropped them 10+ years ago.  The Mozarts are currently serving as computer speakers on each side of my desk.  Powered by a Creek 5350SE and an Audioquest Dragonfly DAC.  This is a great setup.  The small bass drivers lack punch and definition in big rooms and from a normal distance.  This isn't a problem nearfield, though.  

I was told that VA are designed to sound best in smaller, more solidly built rooms.  That is what is most common in Europe.  In my experience they are extremely room and placement sensitive.  They can be very satisfying in the right situation and really bad in the wrong one.  They're not neutral.