Any problems streaming 24/192 files to external DAC from Bluesound Node?

I am attempting to stream 24/192 out from Bluesound Node and it  isn’t working for me. High res files play fine through Node to analog out. 24/96 files stream fine to my external DAC. My DAC can handle 24/192 files via coaxial in. Is this a limitation of the Node?  Has anyone else using the latest version of the Node experienced this?

kn

Ag insider logo xs@2xknownothing

I found that using a "good" spdif cable from the Node to three different outboard DAC's made a significant improvement.

@marco1 thanks - agreed. 

I upgraded the power cable to the Node using a FURUTECH FP-S022N cable with SONARQUEST Carbon silver plated connectors (with Mojo Cable c7 adapter) and that made another big difference for streaming - and frankly a bigger positive difference for the built-in DAC function of the Node which is decent.  But I still prefer the sound of the irDAC.

According to bluesound the node only outputs 192/24 from the RCA connections which doesn’t makes any sense to me, and at must 96/24 from the digital (optical and coaxial) ports, so go figure!

@alcecena I not quite sure what you’re saying here.  Yes the node can definitely output 24/192 files via RCA coax, with fairly high quality.  And I only think it can only output up to 24/96 files via Toslink, although it’s been a while since I checked on that spec.  I have been told by folks on Audiogon that the Node (Gen 3) can also output hi res files via USB, but it only has one USB port, and I am using the USB port in my Node to receive files from a hard drive and serve those to my DAC via coax. Since my last post on this topic I have upgraded the DH Labs coax cable to a higher quality Chord Company cable and that made a huge improvement in sound quality.

kn

I also upgraded the Arcam irDAC to a Chord Electronics QuteHD which made a huge positive difference in system performance.  The Node is really very good for what it costs, and the streamer/server functions are far better than the internal DAC in my opinion.

kn