Any problems streaming 24/192 files to external DAC from Bluesound Node?

I am attempting to stream 24/192 out from Bluesound Node and it  isn’t working for me. High res files play fine through Node to analog out. 24/96 files stream fine to my external DAC. My DAC can handle 24/192 files via coaxial in. Is this a limitation of the Node?  Has anyone else using the latest version of the Node experienced this?

kn

Ag insider logo xs@2xknownothing

Showing 3 responses by alcecena

OK, Qobuz said that most of their distribution servers output their stream in PCM, even though some do bitstream. So, unfortunately it is a matter of luck, or location and not something that we can choose! ☹ 

According to bluesound the node only outputs 192/24 from the RCA connections which doesn’t makes any sense to me, and at must 96/24 from the digital (optical and coaxial) ports, so go figure!

It sounds that it doesn’t make sense to you either, the RCA output I’m talking about is the “analog” one! OK, after a little more research I discovered that there is an option in the BS node where you let it know the bit rate you want to received from your provider, in my case Qobuz, so that modification allow me to receive 24/192 in the digital ports already; however, even though the MQA external DAC option is set on, I am receiving PCM , instead of bitstream format, Which to me doesn’t make sense either !  If I discovered anything else I will post it here.