An Objective Review of the Tekton Double Impact Speakers

128x128philbarone

I have followed Jay from his very beginnings.  Look how far back he goes and while I have not looked lately, I trust his perspective.  You may or may not agree, but his entire rationale in the beginning was to own what he reviewed.  Getting in and out of high end gear without getting crushed was always part of the discussion.  

No one ever bought his opinion via gear he tried and tested.  If you have a week, read his thread from the very beginning.  

i actually heard the double impacts for the first time a couple of weeks ago--they’re neither as bad nor as transcendent as its detractors/fanboys claim. big sounding, good imaging and lots of detail. tight, not overbearing low end. high end sounded a bit bright/aggressive to my ears, which makes them less than perfectly coherent. but certainly a credible speaker at the price point.

I own the Double Impacts.  I had wanted Von Schweikert Endeavor MK II’s.  Price was my deciding factor.

Do I like the Double Imlacts?  Yes!

Are they the best speaker out there? No,

But for 3,000 dollars, they are amazing in my opinion.

Hate them or love them, that is your choice.  But for me, it was money well spent.

They are running through an Audible Illusions Modulus 3B preamp, custom tube mono blocks that were hand built by a friend, and a Teac NT-505 streamer.

I’ve been lucky enough to be able to listen to very expensive systems in excess of several hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Is my set up as good? No!  But it gets 90% there for a whole lot less dollars.

I bought a pair of Tekton Design Double Impact Special Edition. I have had them for 1 week so really not broken in at all. Overall I have been impressed with the sound given the cost. I can’t justify spending $10K -$30K or more for speakers... so for a full range solution I think they sound even better than my Vandersteen 2CE with Rythmik subs but I will delay final judgement till after a month of play...

I ended up with a pair of rebuild Proac Tesponse 3’s for less money that smoked the Tektons.