Amplifier speaker relay problems.

Hi, I am working on an Niko Alpha II amplifier it is an older amp with the two large VU meters on the front. There is a problem when powering up that one chanel may not work. I have tracked this down to a relay that is in the speaker output path and is 24volt dc with two normally open contacts. It is on a printed circuite board and I wish to change it as cleaning did not help and I am afraid it may be degrading sound when working if not providing a good path. I uderstand this relay helps prevent thump on powerup and the sound from dithering out on shut down. Thank You for any advice.
guycom
What is the problem with simply replacing the relay?

Also, I've had similar issues with Yamaha's. While I was upgrading parts, I also used a relay socket. This lets you swap relays in/out quickly without resoldering. Relays have been standardized for a long time, so with a little luck you can find an exact fit.

The old relays I saw used convex curves which minimized contact area and had more reliability issues. More modern relays have matching concave / convex contacts which supply much better contact surface.

Best,

E

Should also point out, you should not just replace the relay with a fuse.

The protection circuitry prevents turn on/turn off transients and DC protection which a fuse will not.
Realize that about the fuse. Just wonder if it is a relay issue or something upstream that causes the relay to engage. The contacts on the relay look perfect - gold plated and not dirty at all.
@dsrjohn
A friend has a Sony TA-F3A amp. She says it was acting up - i.e. after powering up, it would take quite a while before she would hear the characteristic click and she would get sound but now it never clicks.

Try replace C308 (100uF 25V) may solve the problem

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1272547/Sony-Ta-F3a.html?page=5#manual