Amphion Xenon & Usher CP-6381: Comments??

Hi All,

My search for midsize floorstanders has taken a number of unexpected turns. I am at a position to try out and purchase one of the 2 mentioned speakers (Amphion Xenon or Usher Audio CP-6381). Please, I must ask NOT to suggest other speakers as these two are is currently available to me, and within budget.

I am looking for any opinions and comments from those who either own or have heard either of these two speakers. s.

Thanks for any input!
X
xenithon
I owned the VR2 previously...based on my experience with the 2, I was not interested in the 4jr. VSA is too forward a sound for my tastes. My 6381's were not in the least bit musshy in the bass.( proper placement is mandatory on the Ushers due to the rear port) I just found them a very well balanced and rather neutral sound, but not as warm or dynamic as my 801's with my equipment. Again I cannot comment on the Xenon speaker as I have not ever heard it.
I have not heard the VR 4 Jrs. The dealer I bought the Xenons from carried the VR 4 JRs too. When I went over my criteria for speaker recomendations to audition with them on the phone, I ask about the VR 4s. They said based on my criteria, the VR 4 Jrs would not be a good fit.
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses. Have you guys ever gotten a chance to hear the VSA VR4-Jr's? They have just come up and are available to me too. Would you recommend them or would you still prefer the Usher (Kehut) or Xenon (Kclone and stefan)??

Thanks,
X
I have read that Usher is a bit muddy in the bass.
Amphion Xenon is much better overall. I would say a very good speaker and a steal at the price. At least in Europe.
The finish is very good and it looks elegantand sleek.
Get the amphion.
I just auditioned the Xenon's last week. I like them so much I ordered a pair. They disapear and image pretty well for a floorstander, have a very defined and detailed base, and were very musical/enjoyable. Plus, they seemed like a speaker that was easy on the ears. That is not to say they were polite. I listen to rock mainly, and if they were polite, I wouldn't have chosen them. I'm sure the dealer had the Xenon set up in a system they worked with (synergy). I am anxious to hear how they sound in my own setup and I hope I can get close to the enjoyable sound I heard at the dealer.
Hi, I just posted some comments on another thread regarding the Usher sound, as I previously owned the 6381's. Do a quick search to see. Basically a very good sounding speaker, competitive with some at 2X their 3400. retail price. I have not heard the Xenon's :) Ken