amperex 6922 pq white label tubes

I am somewhat new to tubes so I apologize if this is a dumb question.  I am looking to get some amperex pq white label tubes but the prices are confusing.  There are matched pairs on ebay for 129.00 but there is also a guy on audio asylum selling matched pairs for 235.00.  They are both made in the usa.  Are these the same tubes and the audio asylum guy is just overpriced.  I am not sure about buying on ebay is why I am asking.  thanks
kedoades

Showing 2 responses by tomcy6

Unless you plan to really get into tubes, learn about them, and get a tube tester, buy from a reputable dealer and talk to them about what you want soundwise before placing an order. That will save you a lot of money and help ensure you get the sound you want.

Some reputable dealers, but not all, are:

Upscale Audio

Brent Jessee

Vintage Tube Services

Jim McShane

Tubemonger

There are more. Just search the archives for "tube dealers" and you’ll find a number of threads on this topic.

Kedoades, The 7308 and 6922 are a little different than most tubes in that they are members of the 6dj8 family, which consists of the 6dj8, 6922 and 7308. These tubes have different specs but are generally interchangeable.

Other tubes like the 12AX7 and 12AU7 are not interchangeable, although there are variations on these tubes, such as the 7025 for the 12AX7 that are. Brent Jessee’s site goes through all the variations of tubes that are compatible with tubes like the 12AX7 or 12AU7 in the sections devoted to those tubes.