Amp suggestions for $1000

OK, thought I’d do some crowdsourcing here on Audiogon to jumpstart my search for a new amp. My current system sounds pretty good to me, so I’m not really looking to solve a problem as much as I’d like to have some fun experimenting. I’m very happy with the preamp, and speakers are too difficult/expensive to ship, so I thought test-driving some amps would be the best & easiest way to try something different. Here’s what I’m working with:

* Current amp > PS Audio Trio A100 (compact ICE Power model rated at 100W)
* Speakers > Reference 3A MM DeCapo i (stand-mounted monitors with pretty high sensitivity @ 92dB, 8-ohm load, 120W rms)
* Preamp > Bel Canto Pre3
* Source > Logitech Transporter streaming lossless files
* Also > REL T1 subwoofer in the system

I listen mostly to rock, jazz and a fair bit of acoustic/vocal stuff. A little bit of classical but that won’t be a factor in my selection process. I’ve never owned a tube amp, but am not averse to trying them out.

Since I’m approaching this as an “experiment,” I’m planning to focus on used gear so I can potentially try a few things and sell them on if I decide to keep looking. Working budget is $1000.

That’s all I can think of to share…Now fire away with any questions or suggestions! And thanks in advance.
tlhiii
VTL ST85 can be found for around that price. The VTL should be able to handle rock and jazz on your de capo's.
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. As a first step, I stopped by a local audio shop yesterday and just casually listened to a couple systems (using my own disc of well-known "test tracks") to get some perspective on what I've got now vs. what else is out there. I came away with the realization that I've built a system with a sound that can probably be characterized as very accurate and detailed, but perhaps just a little bright.

So I'd like to find an amp that will just take the edge off the brightness and add a bit of warmth or presence to the mid-ranges, e.g., vocals and guitars. Not too much...just a little. So maybe I'm looking for a SS with some tube-like characteristics, or a tube amp that still does well with detail. Since I have a powered sub (REL T-1) in my system, I can probably afford to trade off low-end bass performance if need be.

So now that I've chosen a direction, feel free to send some more ideas my way! Thanks again.
Bondmanp - Seconding that recommendation! I got a used Stratos Plus and it has made a HUGE difference, albeit as an upgrade from a Yamaha. Took a huge edge off harsh highs, and I'm hearing so much more than I've ever heard on my speakers before. Definitely smoothed the highs, making them listenable again, added very noticeably to the low end response, and I have an new level of imaging. I don't use my sub in 2 channel anymore.
Again, I was upgrading from a low point, but the difference was so dramatic I have to believe it's worth a listen. Klaus will customize an amp to your needs, the Khartago starts at $800 iirc.