Amp Stands - Wood or Stone

I'm in the process of relocating my audio equipment to a side wall and need to place my amps, AGD Audions, on something.  Floor is carpeted.  Stands will be very small and won't be supporting much weight.  I have access to granite, marble, etc. (next to nothing scape from remodel jobs).  Also, have pretty good relationship with a serious wood worker who is happy to cut maple, oak, cherry, most any hardwood, etc.  Cost is not really an issue just looking for an opinion / logic around which material I should use.  At this point, I'm thinking 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick walnut on some kind of cone / spike legs. Sorry for maybe a dumb question!

testrun

People who use wood, granite or glass have absolutely no idea what they're doing. All of these materials absorb and release energy in non-linear ways. You're simply choosing another form of coloration. Active isolation is the way to go.

I like the idea of 2" slabs of hardwood, either finished edges or raw.  Then, rather than having them standing on the floor, I'd wall-mount them with a hidden cleat.  Then conceal all the cabling for a super-clean and finished look, if possible.  

The best form of isolation is Symposium Ultras with your 

component coupled to it with the metal pucks

Mechanical and airborn vibration/energy  is dissipated as heat and drains through the component into the pucks and ultimately  into the Symposium.I have 6 under all my components.  The earlier above comment  is simply that wood does not drain vibration 

and stone rings and does not absorb and convert the vibration  energy to heat

the original question was “ what’s a good amp stand”.

Really any stand that is rigid and on spikes preferably.  
vibration control is an entirely different conversation

Good luck Willy -T