Amp recommendations for Spendor

Looking at either Spendor A4 or A7 speakers and what best to drive them with.
I'd prefer the A7 since they're not all that much larger, better reviews, a bit more bass extension and easier to drive with the higher efficiency. My short list is either a Luxman integrated or possibly a Cary Audio setup of some sorts.
Room size is 15'W x 20'D. Cathedral ceilings. I'll be about 10' from the speakers. They'll easily be 3' from the back wall, 4' to 5' from side walls. Room is neutral as far as being either 'hard' or 'soft'.
I'd possibly consider the D7.2s but I believe they're a bit too much for my room size.Thanks in advance!
colpgmrguy

Showing 1 response by avanti1960

The D7.2 are not too big for your room, I had the D7 for a while in a similar room and they sounded fantastic.
I used a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II tube integrated and would greatly recommend using a high powered tube amp with the Spendors. The Spendor speakers are fast and lively and need some tube refinement for best sound.
The 100 WPC Cronus Magnum drove them with power and dynamics and never ran out of steam.  Rogue has since released the CM III integrated.