Altec "Stonehenge III" speakers from 1977 - Any Good?

Happy New Year all.

Wondered if anyone has experience and input on Altec Stonehenge III speakers?
They run $2800-$5000 condition dependent.
I have been wanting to make a great vintage system for my semi-finished basement.   Something rare-ish, historical,  but really good build quality and of course distinct sound. 
I know in general Altec was pretty incredible into the 80s, with the much larger Valencia, 604s, Model 17s, 19s etc. 

I would be driving with a PS Audio Pre-amp 5.5, a modified upgraded Adcom GFA-555 with a modified Bel Canto DAC 1 : so "all American". 
I have a British retro-system with a Rega Mira and Epos ES14 speakers, so there is a bit of reference for folks.

Many thanks!

128x128amtprod

I was a Altec Fan Had the #19 and Ax7 systems.

I looked the one you mention and would  Be Winners.

Careful with the price But Dont think you would be disappointed

Very efficient Probably best for rock and jazz

\Let us know if you pull the trigger

Thanks @hiend2 .  The Model #19s are what I would -really- like to have, or the 17s.  But I had never seen the Stonehenge model and kind of liked the smaller more 'conventional' floor stander as opposed to the large square box. 

I am curious what the draw backs are to the Stonehenge models.  They seem more affordable that's for sure!

You "had" 19s....what are you using now?

I have the Stonehenge II's. They certainly aren't worth $2800 - $5000 - that's nuts! I paid a few hundred for the II's. The Altec Stonehenge series are very good rock/jazz speakers. Comparable to JBL.

@jasonbourne71 yea, seen a pair near me for $3500, faded front.  Seems nutz to me too, but then again I really have no true frame of 'value' for these vs the actual sound.  Do you find your bass/mid bass adequate?  That is the only thing I am finding from folks mentioning as a dislike (I think in comparison to other similar price or similar driver and speaker size units).