Alta Alec vs Legacy Signature SE vs Elac Vela 408.2

I'm thinking of purchasing new floor standing speakers and have narrowed the field to the three mentioned in the title. My focus is mainly on the first two. Reviews are consistently great. The Alecs appeal because of references to their somewhat unique - if that's the right word - sound. Natural, musical. Definitely want musical. Their size is also perhaps a better fit. But there are comments about their needing a low of power or current. I'd be willing to change my amplifier options to accommodate this if necessary (I have a Prima Luna tube power amp and an NAD C298 amp that I can try). I just want to "best" sound, which of course is somewhat subjective. The Legacy's seem to be unequivocally full range, and being an old guy, I like the 10" woofers. I like the two AMTs also. As a four-way speaker, do they lack coherence? They are big, but the sealed design can allow me to place them closer to the wall which mitigates this issue. Still not sure I want to have my ears below the tweeters though. I was told by the manufacturer that vertical dispersion is good. Where the Elacs fit in is I have a pair of Elac 407s (bookshelf) with the jet 5 tweeter (the new ones have the next evolution, the jet 6). They aren't available yet but are coming shortly. I love the HFs with the Elacs, and it's one reason I'm moving from my Revel Performa 226 BEs that have really good sound (supplemented with a REL sub) but sound a touch dry to me in the HF range. Why not just wait for the Elacs? Well, you know how it is, I'm wondering if I can do better and reviews suggest I probably can. I'm interested in any comments or experience with the Alecs and Signatures. I can have trials with both but I'll probably like them both so I may just end up with the first one ordered. So any input from the masses could help me decide.

gickcf

Keep us posted, if you go with the Alex’s would be curious as to what your thoughts are. 

Thanks, 

Been using the Legacys for a decade and never looked back. Legacy itself does not recommend tube amplification unless it's very high end. High current is a must. I am currently using CODA amp with 40 watts of pure Class A into 4 ohms and 100 amps peak current. The Class A gives you a warmth equivalent to tubes, while the  current tames recordings with huge, bloated bass. No longer use subs because, well, the Signature SEs are truly full-range. Like OP, I have old ears and wouldn't trade the spectacular bass for anything. FWIW.

Thanks. One of my objectives is to get the HF clarity of my Elacs (I made a mistake above, they are 403s the bookshelf not 407s, that I play in my kitchen) or better in a tower speaker for my main listening room. Dave and Troy distinguished the Alecs and Elacs from the Legacys with the comments about clarity of both speakers. I also get a wow factor sometimes on female vocals with my Elacs that I don't get with the Revels, and drums sound more fully present. There always seems to be some compromise with speakers and I'm wondering if it's some aspect of HF extension with the Legacys. Thoughts? Note that I almost certainly will get a new amp regardless of where I land even though both companies have told me the Prima Luna will work well. The 100 amps peak current would make a Coda a contender for sure. Oh, one other consideration. I have cherry floors and the Legacy cherry finish option would work better...these things matter to some. lol