All Quiet on the Oppo front?

Many Oppo fans were talking about getting their pre-ordered UDP-205's a month ago, but no new posts as to current status. I haven't heard a word. I kinda thought there would be a July release, but apparently not.

Anybody receive any news from Oppo in the past month? 
bultaco
Our 205 is of great interest to us- but- let’s not overlook that in the 2nd “quarter” of 2018 Oppo shipped over 28 “million” smartphones.  As in some other audio specialty companies; the money is elsewhere. 
If I should get the email that my 205 is ready to be shipped, I will probably decline it.  I won’t be using it for anything more than Blu-Ray and since my Samsung 55 inch TV isn’t 4K,  it’s overkill.   I won’t be using the dac as I already have an Uber expensive Esoteric and a McIntosh SACD players.  I also have a built in dac on my McIntosh preamp.   

Thinking about out all this, it doesn’t seem to be won’t dropping $1300 plus shipping on it. 
I'd been reading and posting on the "Oppo prices threw [sic] the roof" thread and hadn't seen anyone else posting since July.  I wasn't sure whether others were still interested.

Yes, the wait has been agonizing, checking my e-mail several times per day since I registered in May.  But take heart, everyone.  On Friday, August 31st at 5:03PM (ET), I just about fell out of my seat when this message popped up in my e-mail:

"Thank you for your interest in the OPPO UDP-205. We have a limited quantity of OPPO UDP-205 Blu-ray players that we are offering to customers that signed up on our Interest List. Click here to learn more about the OPPO UDP-205.  To order the OPPO UDP-205, please use this special link... These links are as unique as you are so please do not share. The links are valid while supplies last and will expire at 11:59 PM PT on September 3, 2018. Due to the limited quantity available, the limit is 1 per customer/household. If you are no longer interested in the OPPO UDP-205 and would like to give up this opportunity, click this link: OPT OUT. Please do not reply to this message."

Within minutes, I purchased my UDP-205 and opted for FedEx second day.  With the holiday weekend, the package only arrived this past Wednesday, September 5th.  I unpacked it just to be sure it was intact.  This past weekend, our house was filled with the beautiful sounds from the 205.  Thus far, my experience with the 2015 as a dedicated stereo player of SACDs, hi-res PCM and DSD downloads, and CDs has been much as I'd read in audio reviews.  In comparison with my 203, the 205 sounds just a bit warmer and has more spacious staging.  It was well worth the wait!  So take heart and be patient.

kpetrich

Real glad you got yours and are happy with it, that is the point.

However as detailed by OPPO replies, it is not a case of taking heart any longer, there are simply nowhere near enough players on the last production runs to meet demand so there ARE going to be a fair number of dissapointed people pure and simple
I just just received my offer in an email from Oppo.  Thinking of passing on it.  I have until 11:59pm sept 14 to decide.  I’m thinking it’s kind of frivolous at this point.