AI and the future of music

Last night’s 60 minutes featured a deep look at Google’s new AI program BARD. Frightening, yet compelling.

It got me thinking, if their AI has already read everything on the internet, and can create verse, stories, etc in seconds…What could it do for music?

‘Hey , BARD create a new Beatles like song from the Rubber Soul era, but have Paul Rodgers and Jack Bruce singing”.

“Hey BARD, create a song that will melt the heart of my new girlfriend”.

your ideas?

128x1281111art

@cd318

I would recommend listening to a dozen or so Eye on AI podcasts. I would include #122. There are lots more who have experts and developers explaining the incredible risks, particularly with capitalism driven AI and AGI. Probably a greater risk than nuclear war and biological war combined, with lots of potential for not existential risks to undermine the stability of the world’s political structures.

Much deep thought here; About as much chance of stopping AI with thoughtful cause as previously Slavery or Colonialism. At least AI "beings" will survive Global Climate Catastrophe. 

i would like to see AI applied to the task of restoring damaged old recordings, both audio and video. imagine the 1938 benny goodman allstar jazz concert at carnegie hall in full fidelity without that windstorm of crackly NOISE mixed in with the music, dominating it in places. 

I have been speaking to AI for the past month and I have been getting virtually instant answers to all my questions which includes audio gear. The answers have been right on. It can be a valuable tool for mankind or it could be used for debasement if it is run by evil doers. 

@mahgister 

For example, even Hinton BELIEVE that A. I. will be more "intelligent" than humans..

But isn't that the point of progress?

We humans do not have a divine right to anything.

Orwell, who was right about so many things, thought that it was inevitable that the human race (particularly the USA and Russia) would eventually destroy each other.

Right on cue, right before our eyes, we see this terrible prediction inching closer and closer ...

AI could do so many things for us. As @emrofsemanon said, it could help us restore priceless recordings and lost works of art.

AI might even provide us a system of world government that everyone could agree to abide by. That's assuming our masters are all willing to agree to its conditions - our masters who can't seem to agree on anything.

Has there even been one year in our entire history when there wasn't a war?

Or perhaps it might decide we are surplus to its requirements, although I doubt that day is near yet.

AI is not yet self reliant so we humans are not indispensable just yet.

Perhaps it will attempt to enslave is one day, but you could easily argue that we are already slaves and just don't know it. The true way to measure freedom is surely by a surplus of money and time, and the freedom to travel, things which hardly anyone has.

Instead we work and work and pay innumerable taxes seemingly all in order for the elites to accrue ever larger amounts of money. A situation particularly difficult for modern women who now have to balance 2 roles in the same time as previous generations did.

Could AI finally give us all greater freedom?

Or will it be used as a weapon to help one tribe to help eradicate enemy tribes?

Perhaps the best case going forwards for us will be to somehow merge with AI and thus achieve a strange kind of immortality?

Anyway, the AI cat is most definitely out of the bag and there's little chance of it going back now.

@ghdprentice 

I do enjoy the odd podcast when I'm driving, particularly audio related ones, but I'll try and check out no 122.

Even if it's all inevitable, ignorance is rarely something to be proud of.