Aesthetix Mimas vs Hegel H590 Int's

Has anyone had the chance to listen/compare both? The Mimas with DAC module falls at a similar price point with the H590. Have an ultra high end digital and analog reference system of all separates but looking to set up a streamlined secondary room. Had a Hegel H360 a few years back and thought it was an excellent product and value for 6k list, but also run an Aesthetix IO Eclipse phono now with excellent results (thinking possible synergy with the Mimas).. I've also owned a Gryphon Diablo 360 for a short period of time. Call me crazy or nuts to reject all the hype, but it did nothing for me. Thanx in advance for any feedback.
128x128jackaroe

Showing 1 response by kennyc

Hegel vs Aesthetics vs Gryphon is a personal sonic choice.

The Hegel mates well to Harbeth speakers. The optional DAC is good, but much improved in the H600. If I had an extra room that needed a system, I’d likely get this combo.

Aesthetix is a very long established company, and the Mimas garnered many very favorable reviews. The optional phono and DAC cards are “exceptionally great” for an integrated. A fantastic looking deal for used Mimas with both cards at Echo Audio here

The Aesthetix Mimas and the Krell K300i were on my short list for my main system, but I greatly blew my budget on Constellation Inspiration pre + stereo.  Same thing happened when I purchased my speakers. Oh oh, I see a pattern….