Advice for Amp to Drive Klipsch Forte IVs

I just got back into hifi after being away for many many years. My first system, when I was 18-19 was a Kenwood KA-9100 amp, KT-615 tuner, Denon TT, Klipsch Heresy speakers and Teac reel to reel. Loved that setup in a small room. That was 1979-80. I’m now almost 60...LOL...and I’ve got time and money.

Just earlier this year I bought some KLIPSCH Forte IVs, a Denafrips Pontus II DAC, CXN V2 and a small Reisong tube amp while I got on the list for a set of Decware amps. I decided I couldn’t wait and have decided to go SS.  

I listen to down tempo, Trip-Hop, Jazz and a little of this and that in a fairly small space. ...maybe 15x30.

I’m considering the Pass Labs INT-25 or maybe a Luxman L-550ax ii.

I do not have the opportunity to demo either of these but have read wonderful reviews and have watched some nice videos about each. 

I wanted to get some thoughts on this set up. A brand new Luxman goes for about the same price as a demo INT-25.

daodao

I have heard a number of Klipsch speakers, and IMO the sound better with tubes.

If you are considering Luxman the small integrated should drive them with no problem. If you want a more classic look you should consider the Luxman LX-380. A little more power and a great look. I own the Luxman CL-38uC preamp. Also great sound and a great look.

I have heard the Benchmark amp, and it is good, but not a good match for Klipsch speakers IMO.

Have fun with your new system.

I'm surprised no one has suggested the Rogue Cronus Maxum III integrated tube amp.  It's $3K (new) and has more than enough power to drive the Klipsch Heresy's even in your (fairly large) room.  I have no personal experience with this amp but my closest audio friend, whose ears I trust implicitly, loves his.  

BTW: the Benchmark AHB2 gets great reviews but it is a power amplifier; you would need a preamp too.

I’m using a VAC Avatar SE integrated tube amp with my Forte 3’s and sounds very fine to these ears!

I wonder what the modern Dynaco amps would sound like with the Fortes?  Dennid Had makes some great tube amps.  He sells them on ebay for about 2k.  I think they have about 20 watts.  

I say BS on the "must use tubes" nonsense.  Using an Edge G8 (70 wpc SS class AB) with mine after experimenting with a Moth S45 running 2A3's, which just didn't have enough guts in the low end.  Although some say Decware is satisfactory for the Forte's, I'd be cautious if I were you.