Adcom GFA 555 II too harsh for EPOS M12.2's?

Thanks for your help. I understand the Adcom GFA 555 II is a good amp w/ tons of reserve power. However, some reviews call it a little grainy, harsh and brittle. Along w/ the EPOS M12.2's I am running an Adcom Preamp/tuner and a 12" Velodyne sub. Also, my 16 x 12 room does not have carpeting, already lending to strong mids and highs. Will this amp work in my situation or do you have another suggestion in the used $400 - $500 range??
Thanks.
derekcp
I'm curious to know about your Epos m12.2's.... do you think they better the M12's?

please let me know
If you do not already own the Adcom, I would recommend a McCormack DNA 0.5, if you can stretch your budget to about $600.00 Tons more refinement and detail than the Adcom, with a built in upgrade path.
Derek:

Actually for about 5 years my main set-up was an ADCOM GFA 545; ADCOM GTP 500 II; and EPOS 11 and it sounded pretty good.

I know that there are some differences between the ADCOM 545 & the 555 and the EPOS 11 & 12.2 ... but not enough to buy a new amp ... assuming that you own the ADCOM 555 already. I always felt that the grainy & harsh comments made about ADCOM power amps were off-base and not founded.

If I were to change anything it would be the ADCOM preamp, which is OK and the tuner is pretty decent , but there are more musical pre-amps out there.

Regards, Rich