AC POWER DISTRIBUTOR/POWER CABLE VERSUS DEDICATED

Hello.
Here is the question: do I spend my hard earned money on power distributor/power cable($600) of do I get the electrician to install a 30 amps dedicated circuit ($400)for my system?
Thoughts?
Thank you.
rockanroller

Showing 2 responses by zephyr24069

Understood.....Porter Ports at their stated price are very reasonable; best overall option from what I can see for this scenario.
Agree with the need to install 10/3 Romex even though it is harder for the electrician to work with. I bought Cerrowire NM-B 10/3 (147-1803CR) available at Home Depot for convenience; the 100 ft coil is most economical. Solid conductors and a 10gauge ground....I would have liked to go with 'SOTA' wire from one of the audio manufacturers but given length of the circuit needed from my sub-panel straight up to my 5 duplex outlets, the $35-60/foot (depending upon whose you buy) is extremely prohibitive in cost so I could not make that work. One year+ later, I cannot hear any grain or nasty side effects of using the Romex product in the system and have instead put the time and money into the power conditioners I utilize, the dual ground rods on the house, Environmental potentials gear in the main panel and sub-panel, etc...very happy with end results.

A word on 'hospital grade' commercially available outlets; you can do better (IMHO), look at Porter Ports, Avatar Acoustics Afterburner8s, Furutechs, Oyaides, etc...spend a bit more on your outlets; you will be very happy you did!