AC POWER DISTRIBUTOR/POWER CABLE VERSUS DEDICATED

Hello.
Here is the question: do I spend my hard earned money on power distributor/power cable($600) of do I get the electrician to install a 30 amps dedicated circuit ($400)for my system?
Thoughts?
Thank you.
rockanroller

Showing 4 responses by rodman99999

Both! Any current draw on a shared circuit, will cause a voltage drop, to one degree or another. The smaller the wire gauge and/or higher the current draw, the greater the voltage drop. Some noise from other devices, can still be transmitted through your panel's neutral and ground buss bar, which are shared by all branches. A dedicated circuit will help with the first issue, a good power purifier or regenerator, the second. Personally- installing a twisted, double run of 10 AWG Romex, to my listening room's outlets made a dramatic improvement. Already had my Stealth XXX.
Don't let the electrician use less than 10AWG Romex. A separate run and breaker, for each outlet. Especially if the run is better than 50'. Whatever anyone thinks or says, the difference in your system's potential dynamics will be worth it. Twisting the Romex, before the install also helps in minimizing noise.
Those upgraded outlets also are engineered to grip your
plugs, much more securely(improved conduction). Important
benefit! If the audiophile grades are out of your price
range, at least spring for some good, 20 Amp(nema 5-20R),
Hospital or Industrial Grade duplexes, ie: from Hubbell.
Note: if you opt for Hospital Grade, avoid those that
mention being, "tamper resistant." They have
extra internal contact points(less contacts=good). Music
Direct sells the PS Audio Power Port, two for
$75.00 (http://www.musicdirect.com/p-7420-ps-audio-power-port-classic.aspx)
Good Hospital or Industrial Grade outlets are still much
better than the standard, $1.29 outlets that any electrician
will install, if not directed otherwise. Rockanroller is
obviously concerned with finances and they offer a price
option, between junk and the really good outlets(which are,
of course, preferred).