About users with hidden agendas

If you know that a user is a dealer and they fail to disclose and attacks other users because they make a point against their interest, do you expose the user?

I know of a gentleman here that continuously posts and goes after people and does not disclose who he is. 

What are the ethics of this forum?

128x128astolfor

Showing 9 responses by tomic601

@ghasley @jjss49 as is the norm for you both, much wisdom from you. Might that others take a step back and consider our contributions…including myself…

Grace, peace and good music today! 

Jim

transparency is good. Especially when the poster has some financial stake in the topic…

Jim

He sent me a nasty PM when i busted him in a lie and Duke took him to task for deleting a post I replied to so that it lacked context. The text of that nasty PM his username has “ suspended “ next to it. Good riddance.

Re Townshend. No doubt Max RIP was a creative innovator who was a “ measure and listen “ guy. BUT there are many, many vibration isolation products out there from long running storied firms. This forum improved by varied inputs and those with wide experience and restraint for hyperbole.

Jim

A shill influencer gets a dopamine hit when you buy whatever they are pitching, often in ignorance of competitive products offered by others..add in the claims of “ best “ and ego and it’s a recipe for ignore. :-) @mapman ​​​​​@jetter both have a read on the fool.

A classic example is constantly advocating for an integrated on the floor. Probably never owned monoblocks with 20” speaker wires and XLR or the 3 individual power supplies… ignorance … I set up two integrated this month, they certainly have a place… but not in every case…

carry on

please do explain the tolerance for hypocrisy displayed by the large box of Chinese tweeters…..

go back and read his posts…

you claim to have taught critical reading ?

i don’t hate him. i will call out a bully and a hypocrite anytime. When i make those same errors, may God grace me with the emotional intelligence to hear that from others. Your tolerance is admirable but your stated abhorrence for hypocrisy rings a bit hollow… 

Back to the music

@rixthetrick i….may..have underestimated you….good for the balanced view, measure AND listen…

Jim

Not all of us ( purposefully ) don’t live in neat rectangles with ( just ) a 9’ ceiling…

A great book from a guy who has heard music in literally thousands of rooms is; Get Better Sound by Jim Smith

Ego and Pride goeth before a fall, …..

One thing i can tell is a forest of amplifiers blocking any path to the turntable tells me…a lot….

Jim