A stupid question(s) about power cords

As the title indicates, I admit that this is probably a stupid question. But since I don’t know (for sure) the answer, I am asking it anyway.

The recent power cord thread got me interested in a power cord upgrade (from the stock cord) on my Maranzt SA10 (SACDP). The power cord receptacle on that particular component does not have a male equipment ground pin--only the neutral and hot pins. Therefore the cord supplied by Maranzt is a two pole (if that is the right terminology) cord. But because I have done it this way before, I do know that it will accept a power cord with an equipment ground as well as a neutral and hot.

Question 1: I went to musicdirect and looked at some power cords and I saw one (an open box Audioquest NRG Z2) that they were calling a two pole cord. The end that plugs in to the component only has a neutral and a hot, but the other end, the end that plugs into the outlet in the wall, does have an equipment ground blade (so that end has three blades). Why would that be?

Question 2: (and this is the stupid one) if a power cord has an equipment ground pin plugged into the wall, even if it is not plugged into an eqipment ground in the component itself, that cord is still connected to the neutral bus bar in the panel, right? So that being the case, since the equipment ground wire in the cord is right next to the hot wire, is there a way unwanted stuff (rf or whatever, my understanding of this is quite limited) can that dirty up the power that is traveling on the hot wire  in the power cord?

I think that the answer to the last question is probably going to be ’no’? And if the answer is ’no’, that means that I really don’t need to shop for only two pole cords, right? And I see this as sort of important because if I buy a two pole cord, the ONLY component I can use it on/try it out on will be my SACDP--there will be no playing around with a two pole cord on my preamp or my amp.

And ALSO, if I don’t feel constrained to shopping ONLY for two pole cords, I would probably have more options to consider.

TIA for legitimate insight to this, and to all others, feel free to ridicule me and my question--I don’t mind.

immatthewj

Time for a rerun:

Anyone needing a rationale for experimenting with new cables in their system and/or feeling dissuaded by the Church of Denyin'tology's antiquated electrical doctrines: take heart!

Many new electrical facts have been established in the past 100 years, that support audible differences, between various cables, fuses, etc.

I couldn't find anything like, "Updated Electrical Theory For Idiots", but- did manage to find something resembling a cartoon, that even a child could follow.  It neither mentions AC/sinusoidal waves in wires, nor does it go into the photon propagation of electromagnetic waves.   It does, however, emphasize/demonstrate how Electrical Theory has progressed, since the 1800s:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGJqykotjog)

These next two presuppose a certain amount of knowledge, in the field of modern Electrical Theory.    Click, "more" in the first link's third answer, to get its entirety.    Note how it mentions the OLD, "... commonly held misconception that the flow of electricity through a wire resembles a tube filled with ping pong balls...", to which the Denyin'tologists fervently adhere: 

https://www.quora.com/Are-photons-involved-in-all-forms-of-electricity-for-example-when-it-flows-through-wires?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa

and:

https://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=2348

It's an established (measured) fact that an electromagnetic wave's propagation and speed, are dependent on the materials, of which the transmission line (cable) are made (ie: Dielectric Constant/permittivity).     The better (lower) the Dielectric Constant the better the flow and the longer it takes for that material to become polarized.     One reason anything that comprises an RLC circuit (ie: capacitors, cables, PC boards), takes time to, "form", or, "break/burn-in".*      

*Something that makes the Denyin'tologists apoplectic.

https://resources.pcb.cadence.com/blog/2019-dielectric-constant-of-pcb-substrate-materials-and-signa....

https://unlcms.unl.edu/cas/physics/tsymbal/teaching/EM-914/section5-Guided_Waves.pdf

Even the most inane (regarding the Sciences) must admit; braiding and twisting wires eliminates/reduces EMI interference.              
          That must lend credence to various cable geometries.

That better dielectrics enhance the propagation of electromagnetic waves (ie: your music signal), lends the same credence to choosing cables with better materials (ie: Polypropylene, Teflon, air, etc).

Of course: anything the Church of Denyin'tology's popes can't fathom, they'll summarily dismiss.

As simple a device as a fuse is: it still carries a sinusoidal signal/voltage, ALWAYS from source to load.
                                                 NOT back and forth!
         Also (as mentioned above): any fuse acts as an RLC circuit, the 'C' of which will be determined by properties of its wave guide's/ conductor's surroundings (ie: glass, air, bee's wax, ceramic, end cap materials, etc).
          Any commonly drawn wire will exhibit a chevron pattern in its crystal lattice, so: why not "directionality" and why OHNO Continuous Cast, single crystal wire sounds better, to so many?

Stated above are scientifically tested, measured and proven facts. 
                                  There is no "contest", or "dispute" involved.

The OP mentions Maxwell, but: obviously they have no understanding of his theory and possible ramifications as regards the above.

Anyone that feels compelled to harp on not hearing any differences, is obviously too obtuse to understand the term "variables" (as frequently mentioned) and worthy of disregard.

My only goal in these threads has ever been to encourage those with a mind to experiment with their systems, based on the latest (20th/21st Century's) findings of ACTUAL Physics/science and ignore the Cargo Cult's incessant runway building (objections, convolutions, deflections and obfuscations).

Happy listening!

@immatthewj As Eric Squires alluded to, the value of a 3-Wire plug into the wall will offer the connection to earth ground necessary to provide a shield for the cable. Whatever cable you buy, every manufacturer I’ve seen on record recommends a shielded cable. You can’t have a shield without a connection to an earth ground. The purpose of the shield is to provide a path by which to ‘drain’ EMI (electromagnetic interference) present in the environment from other electromagnetic producing components like transformers, speakers, other power cords which aren’t shielded. In your case it may be an advantage that there is no third pin on equipment, as it prevents the condition in which the shield is connected at both ends, which some interconnect cable incorrectly do. If the shield is connected to ground at both ends, it is no longer a shield, but a conductor.  (Although, in deference to Ralph of Atmasphere, it all depends on the implementation of internal circuitry.)

So, the two pins on the equipment end means that they have isolated the equipment from earth ground. My understanding is that this is an older, and some say better, way of making equipment safe. These days everyone has jumped on the GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt) bandwagon, which requires an earth ground connection as an alternate path back to the utility. Regardless of the method, the purpose of fault protection is to carry the current back to the utility, without going through your body. 

l hope your new power cable enhances your experience of the music in your system.

@audphile1 There is one big thing you missed in your list. Maybe there are no differences? That could be a possibility also.

That list was classic audiophile bullshit and arrogance.

I missed nothing.
You can call it whatever. The list is 100% accurate. Post pictures of your system. I’ll prove it to you.