A nightmare regarding streaming?

Greetings,

Many of us stream daily and have many cherished playlists. I happen to use Qobuz and have lost more than one playlist. No clue as to why. Qobuz has no idea either.  Perhaps something in the cloud? Is it possible to back up all your playlists just in case there is a meltdown?

lovehifi22

My streaming service is Apple Music.  I stream primarily to audition unfamiliar recordings and then if I really like something I buy it.  I used to do Qobuz but my wife really wanted Apple and I didn’t want to pay for another service.

I dislike lauding Apple for anything, but many years ago I had made playlists in iTunes.  When we switched to Apple Music all my iTunes files, which I hadn’t accessed for a few years and were created before the Apple streaming service existed, have reappeared along with the playlists that I had made.  A few recordings in the playlist show as files but no music appears, and when I check it’s because the recording is no longer carried by Apple.  That seems to be an issue with all streaming services.  Anyway, the playlist themselves have been maintained for years 

I used a 3rd-party app called "Tunemymusic" to transfer my album list and playlists from Spotify to Tidal. I ended up subscribing to "Tunemymusic" on their monthly basis, but cancelled it before it renewed the following month after I’d already done the "transfer". You can also export your album list and playlists to a text or .cvs (compatible with Excel) file.

I did this to have an electronic record of all my stuff on my computer. I also downloaded a list of all the "missings" tracks and albums too (stuff that wasn't available on Tidal). Soundiiz sounds similar. Worth it for peace of mind.

Thanks again to all. Since I am new to Soundiiz, 

I do have a question. Every time I add a track or delete a track on a Qobuz playlist, I assume I need to update the playlists on Soundiiz. 
Is this correct?

Thank you!

“I want a manufacturer agnostic app because I don’t want my content to be tied to the health of any specific device or manufacturer.”
@classdstreamer

There is nothing wrong with your approach. I’d my share of headaches with re-creating playlists or favorites prior to buying into Aurender eco-system. And I don’t foresee switching to anything else. In any case, good to know about Soundiiz options as a backup. 

@lovehifi22
I think you will need to update your new saves to Soundiiz every so often. I believe only the "automation" section is auto-updating. I may get on Soundiiz every 6-12 months to update my diverging Spotify and Tidal saves with each other. 

@lalitk
I agree. I wouldn't say there's right or wrong way to stream. Streamers have varying feature sets, and finding the right feature set is maybe more important that sound quality.