A great video on an artist you may not be aware of. Participants include Elvis Costello.

Whether you know of Jim Lauderdale or not, you will be very glad you watched this. You gotta trust me on this! 😉

128x128bdp24

Living in Nashville for the past 30 years, I've had the pleasure of seeing Jim and other great artists many times. Jim, Marty Stuart, Buddy Miller, Emmylou and several others often host charity events, music celebrations, and local shows that are free or low cost. 

The Americana Music Festival is something you may to attend. Also there's a cruise called Camayo that is like a week long music festival on the water. Buddy Miller often hosts and plays with other artists.  

Music City, USA 

Yeah @mashif, I probably should have moved to Nashville at some point. I know a few guys who relocated to Austin from California, and are glad they did. I'm too old now. 😉

I did a vacation trip to Nashville several years ago to catch Lucinda Williams at the Ryman on her 20th Anniversary of Car Wheels tour. Great concert and Jim Lauderdale sat in on a couple of songs, as did Buddy Miller and Emmylou Harris. While in Nashville, I was fortunate to find that Lauderdale was also doing a show at the Country Music Hall of Fame along with the legendary mandolin player Roland White, brother of the late great Clarence White. It was a terrific show with Jim and Roland sharing many stories about their careers. Here's a full video of the show:

https://watch.countrymusichalloffame.org/musician-spotlight-1/videos/roland-white-and-jim-lauderdale-musician-spotlight-2019

Another album catching my ear is Trail of Flowers by Sierra Ferrell. After listening to it 3 times, I got curious. Sure enough, the same producer/engineer from Sarah Jarosz and Allison Krause is involved. 

@bdp24 

Hopefully you're not too old to visit. Let me know if you do.